Category Archives for Current Obsessions
I am sorry for skipping June…but here come all of my July favorites!
1. Just because it’s summer, doesn’t mean that there is nothing good on TV. Every year I get hooked on all of the awesome USA shows, like Suits, Graceland and Covert Affairs! If you’re in the mood for some well scripted drama, I highly recommend you check them out.
2. I am loving all of the awesome mugs by Ashley Brooke. My favorite is the Let’s Always Be Fancy Mug. It’s a bit on the expensive side ($23), but it’s pretty fancy ;-)
3. I LOVE LOVE this kinetic typography video for the opening of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air by Lucas Young. Totally worth checking out if you need a mini break from work!
4. It’s that time of year—yes, it’s wedding season! I dig these foil pressed invites from Minted.
5. I know this may come as a shock, seeing that I’ve been a blogger for over two years now, but I’ve just recently came across Bloglovin. There are so many amazing blogs out there, but who has the time to go to all of their websites every day? This is where the brilliance of Bloglovin comes in…all of your blogs in one place!…
1. I have a confession to make. I am kind of obsessed with dresses. Maybe really obsessed with dresses. And I LOVE this Geo Cotton Eyelet Skirt Dress from the Loft. It has the most flattering fit, and the Loft usually has 40% off everything sales, so it’s the best time to pick one up!
2. Have any of you tried out iTunes Radio? When I get ready to go to work in the mornings, I tend to turn it on and expand my music taste by finding new artists I wouldn’t normally hear on the radio. One day I was listening to the Ron Pope station, and Sam Smith came on, and from the moment I heard just a few words of that song, I knew I was going to love his vibe! His CD comes out on June 17 in the US, and I cannot wait! So far, my favorite song is Not In That Way. Have you checked him out yet?
3. With the big 3-0 quickly approaching, I am on a journey to get into the best shape of my life. I follow a variety of fitness Instagram accounts, and Kayla Itsines’ caught my eye. Kayla is a 23-year-old personal trainer from Australia, who developed a 12 Week Bikini Body Workout that guarantees results!…
1. The Neighbourhood’s I Love You album has played and replayed on my iPod this month! Such an awesome album.
2. My favorite scent in the world is the scent of a man—there is something about the smell of cologne that I just love. So what’s not to love about a cologne scented candle? Thank you to Bath and Body Works for making one! If you’re like me, and love the cologne smell, check out their Mahogany Teakwood candle!
3. I love love love these wedding invites designed by Velcrosuit! The theme for the invites was ducks, since the place the couple is getting married has over one hundred of them living on the farm and they can be seen walking around together all over the estate. Make sure to check out all seven invite components!
4. This winter I’ve had horribly dry lips—which I usually never get…so I didn’t know how to battle them. I am already obsessed with Lush, so when I walked in to re-buy a face mask I saw their Popcorn Lip Scrub, and decided to try it out! It’s magic in a jar!!
5. If you have a few hours to spend perusing a blog, I suggest The Ruche Blog.…
This past February The Chic Type Blog turned 2 (whoo hoo)…and with time comes change, new endeavors, and all of that other good stuff! So…i’ve decided to start a new post series. Every month…probably on the last Monday of the month, I will do a collection of some of my favorite things for that month. It won’t necessarily be typography related…but mostly my favorite life things. This will allow all of you to get to know me a little better, and maybe help you strike up some new interests. I hope you enjoy the series! Your thoughts and comments are always welcome :-)
1. I love seeing creative’s office spaces. There is something so serene and inspiring about being in an awesome work space. My Scandinavian Home’s decor is so elegant and minimalistic that it just makes me innately happy.
2. I have five screens that need wallpapers (two at work and three at home), so I always like to mix things up—calendar on one, and then something awesome on the others. Every month, Lovingly, Kate creates a monthly wallpaper to spruce up your screen…and in my opinion they’re pretty kick ass!
3. I love Instagram (if you want to follow me…My user name is Svetsxpres), but sometimes I want to do some photo corrections before I import the photo into Instagram, and Afterlight is the PERFECT app.…