This past February The Chic Type Blog turned 2 (whoo hoo)…and with time comes change, new endeavors, and all of that other good stuff! So…i’ve decided to start a new post series. Every month…probably on the last Monday of the month, I will do a collection of some of my favorite things for that month. It won’t necessarily be typography related…but mostly my favorite life things. This will allow all of you to get to know me a little better, and maybe help you strike up some new interests. I hope you enjoy the series! Your thoughts and comments are always welcome :-)
1. I love seeing creative’s office spaces. There is something so serene and inspiring about being in an awesome work space. My Scandinavian Home’s decor is so elegant and minimalistic that it just makes me innately happy.
2. I have five screens that need wallpapers (two at work and three at home), so I always like to mix things up—calendar on one, and then something awesome on the others. Every month, Lovingly, Kate creates a monthly wallpaper to spruce up your screen…and in my opinion they’re pretty kick ass!
3. I love Instagram (if you want to follow me…My user name is Svetsxpres), but sometimes I want to do some photo corrections before I import the photo into Instagram, and Afterlight is the PERFECT app. The possibilities are endless. Definitely worth getting and checking out!
4. I am a scarf fiend. However, I am so boring when it comes to the ways I wear them. It’s always one or two ways; however, this video uses four different kinds of scarves and shows you 16 different ways to wear them. Some are definitely more atypical than others, but the rest are totally fun and easy to do!
5. I’ve replaced television watching with binge watching beauty guru’s videos on YouTube. One of my favorite’s is Jaclyn Hill. She is awesome, and so knowledgeable! I’ve learned a TON of great techniques from her (and developed a bit of a shopping habit). She’s definitely worth checking out!
6. Pinterest is the IT place for me to find new recipes to try, and from that comes this Guacamole Bruschetta, which is amazing! So fun and yummy as an appetizer for a get-together.
7. Simply put theSkimm is the daily newsletter that gives you everything you need to start your day. They do the reading for you, and break it down with some fresh editorial content. They read, so that you skim! The email comes around 6:00a.m. (EST), so it’s perfect to skim through while you’re having your morning coffee.
8. This comes from another one of the beauty guru’s I follow, who also has a blog in which she shows off her home decor techniques. As soon as I saw this DIY Accent Corners Frame, I fell in love…definitely on my to do list for the spring/summer.
9. The Husband’s Secret was a great read! Although the entire book was fantastic, the epilogue was one of the best I’ve ever read. It’s one of those books that when you’re done, you sit down for a bit, and really process the book…and then the epilogue…and you get into some pretty deep thinking. Have you read the book—what were your thoughts?
10. On March 1, I went to the Ron Pope concert (my third one), and holy moly can that man sing! During the concert, my best friend leaned into me and whispered that “his singing makes my uterus explode”! I think that pretty much says it all. Some of my favorite songs are: You’re The Reason I Come Home, The Right Way, Fireflies, and A Drop In The Ocean.
…and I finally got a Facebook page for the blog, so please feel free to stalk away! Happy end of March!