Current Obsessions – May 2014
1. I have a confession to make. I am kind of obsessed with dresses. Maybe really obsessed with dresses. And I LOVE this Geo Cotton Eyelet Skirt Dress from the Loft. It has the most flattering fit, and the Loft usually has 40% off everything sales, so it’s the best time to pick one up!
2. Have any of you tried out iTunes Radio? When I get ready to go to work in the mornings, I tend to turn it on and expand my music taste by finding new artists I wouldn’t normally hear on the radio. One day I was listening to the Ron Pope station, and Sam Smith came on, and from the moment I heard just a few words of that song, I knew I was going to love his vibe! His CD comes out on June 17 in the US, and I cannot wait! So far, my favorite song is Not In That Way. Have you checked him out yet?
3. With the big 3-0 quickly approaching, I am on a journey to get into the best shape of my life. I follow a variety of fitness Instagram accounts, and Kayla Itsines’ caught my eye. Kayla is a 23-year-old personal trainer from Australia, who developed a 12 Week Bikini Body Workout that guarantees results! I just finished week 5, and I have muscle in places I’ve never had muscle before, and I am finally starting to see some abdominal muscle. It’s truly amazing, and worth the $65!
4.I love this Breakfast at Tiffany’s print created by Adam Juresko. There is something about it that’s unequivocally appealing to me! Make sure to check out Adam’s Etsy shop for a lot more movie poster designs.
5. I am a mascara hoarder. I have 10+ mascaras, as I am always trying to find that one staple! Well ladies, this is it! I am sooooo in love with this Better Than Sex mascara. It gives the sense of false lashes with just one application. It isn’t clumpy, and doesn’t flake! Totally recommend!!
6. In my quest to get in serious shape, the Fitbit and MyFitnessPal are crucial components to my every day health and fitness routine. The Fitbit tracks all of my movement, and MyFitnessPal logs all of my food. I’ve synced them together, so my food intake appears in the Fitbit app, and my workout info appears in MyFitnessPal, which is super helpful! It’s also fun to find your friends on both apps to motivate and drive you to get some extra steps in and stay under your calorie intake!
7. Maybe it’s the fact that I have given up carbs like pasta, that makes me love this Pasta Facts poster, but as soon as I saw it, I wanted to share. And who knew October 25 is World Pasta Day?
8. If you’re into YouTube makeup tutorials, then I highly recommend you check out Nicole Guerriero for some makeup awesomeness. She’s really funny and informative. Definitely one of my faves on YouTube!
9. I have about eight or so eyeshadow palettes, and I try my best to switch them up during the week. However, it seems lately I’ve been consistently reaching for Stila’s In The Light Palette. The shadows have amazing color payoff, and stay on all day. Bubbly and Kitten alone make this palette worth purchasing!
10. …and my last makeup favorite is the Anastasia Covet Waterproof Eyeliner! I HATE when eyeliners run, and smudge in your tear duct area. This one does NOT! I wear it on both the top and bottom, and it stays on all day with no budge. And what makes this waterproof eyeliner awesome is that it doesn’t take 10 minutes to wash off! I workout after work, so I still have a full face of makeup on when I hit the gym, and the eyeliner looks just applied after I finish my hellish workout!
whew! That about sums it up for my obsessions! What are some of your faves this month?